Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Pln 19

I read Do schools have Birth- control role?. This is a very important issue in todays world. Girls are having sex at extremely young ages. Girls get pregnant most commonly around the ages of 15 to 17. People think that teens in middle school and high school shouldn't be aloud to have access to these things because it will only encourage them to do it more, but then the other side argues that teens are sexually active and there is no way to stop it so the only way to prevent girls dropping out of school because of being pregnant is to provide birth control to anyone who wants it.

What matters: If you ask any parent what they think of this they will think that it is a horrible idea and to stop it. The rate of girls getting pregnant at a young age is ridiculously high. I agree that something should be done. But I don't think that handing out birth conrol is the only way to solve it. I think that schools should start talking to parents about their children if the school is suspious that the child might be involved in sexual activities. I know that this sounds like a huge violation of privacy, which it is, but think it will help alot. But there are also alot of parents who don't really care and won't do anything about it no matter the warnings from the school, so i guess that giving birth control the kids in high school could be a helpful thing.

How it matters to me: I am not into doing those kind of things because I seem to have different morals that most high school students do. I'm not into drinking, doing drugs, or having sex out of marriage. Reading about schools just handing birth control really makes me... mad. This is just what parents are trying to prevent and the school isn't making it very easy for the parents to keep their children from having sex. But the other agument for this situation is very convincing too. The school has given in to giving students birth control because many teens are sexually active and parents can't seem to stop it. They are trying to prevent girls from dropping out because of getting pregnant. But I still don't think this is the best way to solve this problem.

No comments: