Tuesday, March 4, 2008

PLN 2

The Denver Post reports many horrible incidents, but when I was looking from an intersting article I saw a particulary upsetting report. The title of the article was I-25 "Samaritan" turns sexual attacker by Joey Bunch. It talks about a man sexually assulting women when they had car trouble and were stuck. He would act like he was going to help him and then he would attack them by raping them. The scariest part is that the man is still out there.

What Matters:
It seems like no one can be trusted anymore. When you are in a hard situation and all you need is just a little bit of kindness, you probably wont get it and will get the total opposite. That is what happened in this situation. On interstate 25 a women was sexually assulted when her car broke down. She thought the man was going to help her, when he actually had other plans in mind. The attack lasted for 30 minutes. The attack took place in the early morning around 1:30. The 30 year old attacker is still out there somewhere and anyone could be his next victum.

What matters to me:
When I hear things like this it makes me sad because no one is trust worthy anymore. You can't ever be alone in certain places because you could be putting your life in danger. I wonder what went wrong in the human brain. Why are there so many killers out there. Why are there so many messed up people. A couple of months ago I was walking home from Arapahoe high school and was followed by an older man I didn't know. I was close to my house so I just ran home. But it is things like these that worry me and wish that our society was a little more safe. What surprised me was that my neighborhood is very safe and you would never expect something like this to happen. But it doesn't matter now since it was such a long time ago. But I just want the world to become a safer place some day where we won't be afraid of our own species.

No comments: