Monday, September 17, 2007

PLN entry #3

I read an article by David Warlick called Could it happen here? and agreed with him that the U.S . needs to create conferances about developing tools for the future for educators, and students to attend.

What Matters:
What matters is that it is a really idea for the people of America to start thinking about the future of schools. I dont think that just certain poeple should have the opportunity to go to those kind of meetings. If every school had the chance to go they could change the way education is taught forever. I dont understand why David Warlick used to think that there was no hope of this every happening in America. America has a really good education system and schools are constantly looking for better ways to teach thier students so I am guess that many other schools know about this meeting and want it to come to America also.


How does it relate to me:
It relates to me because I always want a better education. I want the schools of the future to open many opportunities for their students when they graduate because today there are many people who aren't educated and dont have the opportunity to get a good education and a good job. What I see in the future is no books only computers. I want my school to have a chance to experience the future.


How it relates to the world around us:
If they had that conferance around the world and let anyone go to it then some many more schools would have the opportunity to advance into the future. Then the rate of homeless and uneducated people would decrease. Also more people would be able to have better jobs and make better money and clearly there would would be less suffering in the world if everyone had the opportunity to get educated and have a better life.






"Come join the search as we together build the future of schools."

2 comments:

ethan l said...

You did a good job but you spoke kinda fast and you were looking at your paper the whole time.

carterw said...

Angelica, nice job I could barly tell you were neurvous. You did a great job presenting and over all you did a great job.