Monday, September 24, 2007

PLN entry #5

I just read an article by Will Richardson called Back in the U.S.S.A! It was about how there is still alot of poverty in China and he saw much of that when he went there.

What matters: He saw that it is still poverty stricken in Shanghai. There was also a typhoon in China that materialized from the downpours on Tuesday. He had a picture of an old woman with a chair in her hands. She was about to go sit outside when they were passing by and was glad to take a picture. What Will Richardson was interested in was the fact that she was wearing a traditional Communist uniform. Also Sheryl and her son Noah who he went to China with noticed that here were many babies on the plane that were being brought to America for adoption. Then Richardson started thinking about how he didn't see any babies while he was there which is probably because of the law that restricts parents from keeping more than one child. Then he noticed that there were hardly any gas stations. How do the people fill their cars up with gas? People think that China is very advanced and powerful but from Richardsons point of veiw, Chinas people still arent living the life they wish to live.

How it relates to me: I seem to live a great life and yet I still complain. The people where Richardson visited live in poverty and yet they still manage to keep a smile on their faces. I am so blessed to live in America because if I lived in China then one of my triplets sisters and I would probably be sent to America to be put up for a adoption. I would probably live my life without even knowing that I am a triplet. I mean sometimes it can be hard being a triplet but just thinking about being taken away from my family and sisters just makes me want to cry. I am able to live a life of luxury compared to some of the people Richardson saw.

How it relates to the world: There are some many places in this world that live in poverty and sadness. But there are also many places that don't like America, Italy, France, Britain and so many more places. Everyone thinks that China is all advanced and is rising to be one of the most powerful countries but yet there are still many things about China that need fixing. There aren't as many homeless people as there are in the U.S. is what Richardson noticed. I hope that one day china can work out all its problems and help the people to live happy lives.

No comments: