Sunday, April 13, 2008

PLN 10

TodayI found a very shocking article in the Denver Post by Tom McGee. The title of the article is TB found at Sterling prison. This article talks about a Sterling Correctional Facility prisoner has been diagnosed with tuberculosis. I picked this article because it was very unsettling to know that TB is out there. It is the cause of many peoples deaths in the 1900s. But now that it is back I am kind of afraid.

What matters:
I know that there is a vaccine for TB. But we thought that it did not exist in our world. But how did this man even get TB? What makes me angery is that the man had been diagnosed for it two years ago. But since he did not have any symptoms they did not think that he was a danger to the other prisoners. The TB victum is serving time for menacing and drug-related charges since 2001. The man was sent to a Denver hospital, along with other prisoners with him and guards who had come in contact with him. He just started showing symptoms so now he is a huge danger to everyone around him. All the people who might have been infected by him are not allowed to have visitors until they are done being tested for the disease and do not have it. It could be very bad if the disease got out.

What matters to me:
This is something that is pretty scary to me because they may have found a vaccine for TB but not a cure. The only thing we can do is take to the vaccine before we even have a chance of getting it. It also makes me very angery that he knew that he had it and still went around and he could have gotten everyone that he ever came in conact with TB. He could cause several people to die from it. One of my biggest fears in getting a deadly disease like cancer or the plague. The plague is the most scary to me because it was so horrible and was the cause of thousands of lost lives. I just hope that the other prisoners and guards do not have TB now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.