Tuesday, April 15, 2008

PLN 11

Now I know that everyone is doing this PLN and that its unoriginal for me to do write about it too, but it relates to me so much that I just feel like I have to read it. If you haven't figured out which article I'm talking about already, I've been talking about the article 7 Simple Ways to Burst Out of Bed Each Morning. This article contains so many helpful tips that could help teens get much more sleep which will just make their day so much better and easier.

What Matters:
Some of the tips that were given in this article that I found very helpful was
1. Find a waking hour that will work best for you each day of the week, you should stick to it. This will allow your body to want to support you in your endeavor of waking up, and rise you out of bed.
2. Eat small, light meals in the evening, but alot in the morning (which is normally the opposite for me.
3. Take extra steps in creating fun, life changing goals, and scheduling specific ways of how we'll get a step closer to these goals during this coming day. What we all need is not necessary a cause we're willing to die for, but at least a cause we're willing to LIVE for. (This is my favorite and seems like a really clever and good idea!)
4. Planning is one of the fundamental ways to maximize your mind to achieve your goals, and as such it plays a critical role in allowing us to have an awesome day, everyday. (I don't think I would use this very much because that is what I do pretty much already and it still doesn't work.)
5. A bit of water before bed and half a liter as soon as you get up. The water before bed will serve in the rejuvenation process we mentioned above. While you sleep all your cells will fill up with this fresh water and create an over all well being within your body. ( I think I should start doing this because I need to start drinking more water for track anyways, so this would be good for me.)
6. Excercise in the morning because it gets your blood flowing and gives you energy. ( I don't have time to do this at all. But I do excercise in the afternoon. Would that help?)
7. Have "ME" time in the morning. Just some small way to pamper yourself to make your morning just a little brighter. ( I don't have time for this either! I never have time for that, even after school.)

What Matters To Me:
I think this was a great article to read, but it also has alot of ideas that most people do not have time for in the morning so we can't use them. But also alot of these ideas were really helpful and i think that I will start using them, because it would just help me get up in the morning way easier. All these things would help with track also. I also already do some of these tips like planning out my day, which I have to because of school, friends, sports, homework, drivers ed, ect. But that tip doesn't seem to work very well because it just makes me not excited about the bad parts of me day. I still think this is a great article and could help me sleep better and could improve my day, attidude and physical activity so much.

No comments: