Tuesday, April 22, 2008

PLN 13

Mr. Richardson,

I don’t really think that googling people to find out more things about them is such a good thing. To me it seems like an invasion of privacy. Some people like to put things on their MySpace that don’t really represent who they are. So when an employer is about to hire someone for a really good job, but then they decide not to because there is a cuss word or strange comments on that persons MySpace it just doesn’t seem fair.

When I read this article I thought it would be interesting to Google myself and see what came up. But mostly what came up was my time for the races I ran in Cross country and the things that are on Ms. Smith’s blog. But what I did find was a project that I didn’t do very well on posted by Ms. Smith. I just think that employers should give people a break and see how they are going to do working with you, not based off of what is on a not very reliable social network.

I know some friends who have MySpaces and put things on there that aren’t who they are at all. They tend to post not very appropriate pictures, comments, blogs, and many other things. But my friends are all very good people and aren’t who they say they are on the internet. They all have really good grades, respect themselves, don’t do drugs or alcohol, don’t cuss, and many other good things. So you see the internet isn’t reliable at all.

http://weblogg-ed.com/2008/making-kids-googlable/#comment-52352 Link to website I commented on.

12 comments:

samh said...

Angelica,
I thought you did a great job. You had great eye contact, and you spoke clearly which made it very easy for us to follow you. You also told us your opinion of each post which was great. Overall good job!

adama said...

Angelica, you had very good plns and knew you material pretty good but could have made a little more eye contact. Other than that good job.

joeyw said...

Angelica I thought you picked good topics to talk about and you had good views on them.

mmg said...

Angelica, you did a great job on your PLN presentation. You need to slow down a bit, but besides that you had good eye contact with the audiance.

Jackie N said...

Angelica, you had a good presentation. You spoke clearly and explained your articles well. Try not to read so much off your paper, but great job.

Averee said...

Angelica, great job. Try not to play with your hair so much, it is a little distracting to your audience. Without this little bit of a set back, you did an awesome. You had really strong examples to back up your points. Continue to speak loud and clear and you will do great.

kellyS said...

Angelica, you did a good job on speaking loudly and clearly but you said "like" a few times so just watch out for that. You also did good on backing up your opinion on your posts. Great Job!

annies said...

Angelica! I agree that we don't have enough time to do some of the things the man suggested. I also agree that employers shouldn't Google someone for a job. I think it is in the parent's hands to help their children to lose weight. Great presentation. I thought that 7 easy ways to get out of ben in the morning could be helpful so some people more then others.

Xavia H2011 said...

Angelica,
Interesting ideas for waking up in the morning. But I agree, we don't have that much time to do extra stuff. I think that your ideas on the googlable blog was interesting, but isn't it the kids responsibility to keep the "bad" stuff off the internet so that they do look good? And if they have bad stuff on there, well, they arn't really someone good to hire. Good job presenting. Try to make more eye contact and have a question next time.

laurene said...

Angelica, I thought you did a good job on your presentation. I do have some suggestions though for example a clearer voice, try not to play with your hair as much, and connect more with your topic. You did have great eye contact so good job!

berekm said...

Angelica, great job, you knew about your topics and had good pionts. Also you had good eye contact and you spoke loud and clear.

NowlanS said...

You did a good job. I thought you presentation well thought out and presented well. Godd Job on speaking loudly adn clearly.