Tuesday, April 29, 2008

PLN 15

I thought this was a very interesting because I have never heard of Web 2.0. This is something alot of people probably do not know about. The most likly reason why is because it is a social network like Myspace and Facebook. The only difference is that Web 2.0 is more educational and not based on pictures and friends as much as facebook and Myspace.
Now do not get me wrong, this socail network still has many of the same features as those other websites do. It includes

-Identity

-Presence

-Relationships

-Conversations

-Groups

-Reputation

-Sharing
But what I think is really great about this new website is that it is alot more safe. Because it is more educational and not as many people are on it many people can join it and still feel safe. But can I have just a little more information in it because this sounds very interesting. This is a great social network for teachers mostly right?


I think that my parents would love this because it is not as unprotected as those other social networks. I know my parents would be happy about this because they grounded me for a month for haveing a Myspace because they think it is dangerous. But what are some more of the uses of this website? Could this be a way for students to comunicate with their teachers while they are at home? Then students would be able to get help with homework at home and many other things. Wow this could be a a huge step in social networking and in students education!

This is the link to the post by Dave Warlick in 2 scents worth titled Implementing Social Networks

No comments: