Sunday, May 4, 2008

PLN 16

Will,

I thought that this was a very good post because I had not idea there were so many students dropping out. I think that I am not really exposed to that because in the area where i live most of the kids graduate and go to college. But the fact remains that there are still many high school students who drop out. As you said over a million a year.

I think that something more needs to be done about this issue. Because in order to even get a middle class job you have to go to college and complete high school. Some of the kids in my school are sometimes talking about how much they hate high school and just want to be done. Sometimes I wonder why they hate it so much. I guess there are some people who just do not have the will to learn and be successful. But sometimes students drop out because thier family needs them because a parent died or something else. And most of the time those are the students who want to learn and grow the most.

I do not understand it when some students are just lazy and drop out of high school because they dont feel like working any more. Well they need to wake up and realize that nothing is easy in life and if they dont finish high school and go to college, then life is going to be even harder. There are kids in third world countries who would kill to go to school and learn. To be able to learn is something very special and rare in their country. So the clueless kids of America need to start taking advantage to everything we have and stop talking everything for grantite.

The post this is on is called "Clueless America" and is found on the hyperlink. You can also find it in Weblogg-ed by Will Richardson.

No comments: